Fingerprint GUI

A place to discuss issues of the Fingerprint GUI.

You can subscribe to this discussion group using an RSS feed reader.

Lenovo Thinkpad T410 - light stays on after entering text pass

The green, 'ready' light stays on after I've entered my password, manually, and nothing will turn it off, until I use the scanner again, and use the strip. I think it has to do that after sudo asks to enter in the password, it kills the process, and leaves the light on, because nothing's controlling it...so yeah, I hope you will fix this long-remaining issue with your application, and I hope you can fix it in the next version, bye!
Permalink Michael L. Lanfranchi 
June 16th, 2016 5:13am
You're right, it's a bug I didn't know about before. But sorry, it's too late to be fixed in version 1.08 (published yesterday). Maybe I can fix it soon in a 1.09.

W.U.
Permalink Wolfgang Ullrich 
June 16th, 2016 5:23pm
The "cancel operation" function of libbsapi stops the device and frees all resources but doesnt switch off the led. IMO this is a bug in libbsapi. Fortunately there is a function "set led". This will be used to switch the led off. Because this has no effect in functionality it will be contained  in the next release if more changes are required.
Permalink Wolfgang Ullrich 
June 23rd, 2016 9:46am
I also have almost the same issue. Functionality wise, Fingerprint GUI works perfectly. The problem is when I use it, it stays on blinking "green-ready" for about 30 seconds or so. If I touch the finger print scanner, the led turns off right away.

This is on a T440 running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with this scanner: 138a:0017

Thanks,

Izzy
Permalink Izzy 
June 23rd, 2016 8:48pm
Correction, it blinks for much longer than 30 seconds. Seems more like 1 min. Not sure what kinda internal time out there is, maybe hardware based?
Permalink Izzy 
June 23rd, 2016 8:57pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics